martes, 9 de junio de 2009

Big Saturday

Saturday was a big day!  I went to two graduations, a party, and then to a huge celebration of a friend's 15th birthday!  First I saw Zach graduate!  I've known Zach since he was born.  In fact, his parents have known me since I was only 7.  They used to live right next door.  I can't believe he graduated from high school!  Here's a picture of him walking out at the end!
Then I watched Ben graduate!  I've known Ben since he was only 1 and he was like part of my family until he was 7.  He practically lived with us and for about 4 years, we were inseparable!  I absolutely can't believe that he graduated either!  I went to his graduation party after the ceremony!  
After that, I went to one more graduation, for a friend named Marshall.  He's a really great kid, amazing basketball and soccer player!  Then a friend of Ivan's had her huge 15th birthday.  In the classic Mexican tradition, her family and friends threw a HUGE celebration for her, complete with a limo, suits and dresses like you see at a wedding reception, an enormous cake, and dancing, music, and food!  This kind of celebration is called a quinceaños ("15 years") and it's a BIG deal.  There were a couple hundred people there.  I knew a ton of the families and all the kids there.  Here's a picture of me surrounded by some of the kids.    

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Okay, whoa, that is CRAZY that those 2 graduated! And really interesting to see photos of them now. I still remember what they looked like from when they were like FIVE! How cool that you were able to go to their graduations!