sábado, 15 de agosto de 2009

Welcome Home Lego!

Lego is Kathryn's new horse. Kathryn went to Raleigh today to get him and bring him to my parents' farm in Scottsville. Here's a picture of her walking with Lego in the pasture.
Lego introduced himself to the other horses, and everything was going okay until the horses broke through the fence after dark. Everyone ran out there to repair the fence, and fortunately none of the horses escaped!
Edith came with me to see the new horse and we went for a walk down to the lake. On the way, she said she wanted to throw some rocks into the lake and make wishes. I told her that was a good idea and I suggested that we pray for Mommy's job. She picked up a rock, handed it to me, and said, "Yeah! Have a rock!" Then I said, "I'm going to pray too for Miguel - that he will do his homework when school starts." Edith picked up a huge handful of rocks and said, "Here. Have lots of rocks for that wish." Hahahahahaha! Here's a picture of her throwing the rocks in the lake.

We went for a boat ride too in the canoe. She had never been in a boat before and she was so excited! She didn't know what an island was, so we paddled around the little island 3 times so she could see how it was surrounded by water. Finally she said, "Ohhhh, so the only way to get here is with a boat. Or if you know how to swim. But you can't walk." I said, "Right! Unless you're Jesus. He can walk on water." She did the confused puppy look with her head turned to the side so I put the paddle down and told her the story of Jesus when he walked on the water. She thought that was really cool!
Before we left, Edith gave all the animals hugs and told them she'd see them soon when we come back! Here she is with Baxter:
And here with Calabaza:

No hay comentarios.: