lunes, 7 de enero de 2008

Calabaza's Snake Goes for a Ride

I finally finished building my Lego train this Christmas and I've started building a street as scenery for it. My sister and I like to torment Calabaza by attaching his pet snake to the back of the train and then turning the train on. Calabaza will chase the snake over and over again until he yanks it off or derails the train. Here's a video of him chasing the snake. The quality of the video isn't totally great, but you'll get the idea. If you look in the video, too, you'll see part of the street that's completed (the hotel and blue cafe). I'm currently working on an ice cream shop to go next to the cafe. Oh, and in answer to Katie's question, yes I did get a new video camera! How did you know? :)


Annhead, can you tell my trip to Best Buy was successful?

3 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Hey, I would say that was good video quality!

Are you using a camera with a built-in hard drive or mini-DVDs?

Man, that snake is just the greatest thing ever for Señor Calabaza!

Which video editing program do you use?

Beth dijo...

I have a Sony with a built-in hard drive...so much easier than using tapes or DVDs...and so much cheaper than having to keep buying tapes and DVDs! I really like it a lot! Was the video choppy when you watched it? Sometimes it's choppy for me, and sometimes it isn't. I guess it's the internet connection.

I use like 4 different programs right now...iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Motion Picture Browser, and Sony Vegas Movie Studio. The best by far is Sony Vegas. The worst is Sony Motion Picture Browser.

All except for Sony Vegas were included in my computer already...I bought Sony Vegas because my new video camera won't work with iMovie or Windows Movie Maker (which are perfectly great video editing programs for just normal home movie stuff). The new video camera only works with Sony video editing software, of course. So I got Sony Vegas and it was very easy to use, after having used the others. If you've never used any before, Sony Vegas might be a little confusing. Anyway...that Calabaza train one was the first I'd made on Sony Vegas and I did it in about 30 minutes...didn't get to play around much with effects and stuff. As I use it more, I hope that my videos on the blog will dramatically improve!

Do you use a video camera? What kind do you have? What video editing program do you have?

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Didn't I ever show you some of my videos?

Anyway, my video camera has now gotten outdated because of the speed of technological progress, but it uses DVD-ROM, which means I don't have to keep buying mini-DVDs and can just use the one (or two) over and over again. At some point in the near future I will get a new video camera though, just because this one is 3 years old, and at that point I will buy one with a hard drive.

I use Pinnacle Studio and am very happy with it, though I have nothing to compare it with.