miércoles, 15 de julio de 2009

Working in Richmond

I'm working in Richmond this week and staying at the Wyndham hotel while I'm working. It's a beautiful place with tons and tons of delicious food. I'm kind of bored however since I'm here by myself. I've been entertaining myself by playing Club Penguin with Lucero and Miguel. I also go to Coldstone every day and get an ice cream. Even though Elvia, my "second mom", calls me at least 3 times per day to check on me, I still miss speaking Spanish with my brothers and sisters, so yesterday I went to a Mexican restaurant in Short Pump. I got to speak with almost everyone there in Spanish and they were all really surprised that I knew Spanish.

Today I went back to the same restaurant and everyone there was like, "Hola mi amiga!!! Como estas?" We talked more today and they were like, "You know A LOT of Spanish! What part of Mexico are you from?" And today at work, I was speaking Spanish on the phone to Elvia and when I got off the phone, one of the people I'm working with said, "Where did you learn English so well?" I said, "English? You mean, Spanish?" She said, "No, I mean English. You speak English so fluently." That made me laugh. Anyway here's me at the place where I work and at the hotel, which happen to be the same place:
I'm talking on the phone to my sister. She had a lot to say. I listened to all of it. Really. Except for the part when I hung up because this lady asked if she could take my picture. But I called my sister back. I did.




Talking again. This time to my second mom.
Important building to know. This one houses all the food!



No hay comentarios.: