martes, 22 de abril de 2008

WHAT THE HECK????

Can I just say, for the record, I am SOOOOO glad that 2007 turned into 2008. Between my numerous traffic incidents (3 weekends in a row) and my family's current house problem, this year so far has been right on track with 2007. First I was in another car accident which caused over $700 worth of damage to my car, then the next weekend I was pulled over by a cop for making a right turn. FOR MAKING A RIGHT TURN. On a street on which you can make right turns. Ridiculous. Just paid that ticket at $111. I cannot believe I just had to pay $111 for making a right turn. And no I didn't go to court to contest it because I forgot that the court day was yesterday until it was 8:30 PM YESTERDAY.

Then the next weekend I was pulled over by a cop for absolutely no reason at all. I obeyed EVERY traffic law there could possibly be. So imagine my surprise when I see the lights of the police car behind me. I pulled over and said, "Officer, why on earth did you pull me over?" He simply said, "License and registration, please." I gave them to him and said, "Could you please just tell me why you pulled me over?" He said, "I just have to make sure you're not wanted in Oklahoma." WANTED IN OKLAHOMA??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

So then...on Saturday my brother Ryan's house burned down. His family (Ryan, Jessica, and their 3 kids) are all fine but they lost everything in the fire.

And my sister just called me to tell me that a drunk guy just smashed into her house with his car. He ran right into it, tearing bricks out of the wall and creating holes in the side. Then he proceeded to run into the house behind my sister's and actually drove THROUGH THE WALL. The firemen looked at my sister's wall and said they think it's structurally sound enough to sleep in tonight. So that's the good news we live by in 2008. GUESSING that we have a structurally sound enough wall in order to sleep after a drunk guy has just crashed into our house.

Seriously, what is God trying to tell us????? I wish we could just figure out what it was so that we could learn the lesson already.

oh and one more thing. I am now officially DONE WITH 2008.

4 comentarios:

. dijo...

THAT JUST MADE ME LAUGH HYSTERICALLY!!!!


"THATS the good news that we live by in 2008...." HA HA HA HA HA HA

SERIOUSLY!!! what the heck?

thanks for being there Bethie. I love you. And just in case the Good ol' south georgia firefighter is wrong, I LOVE YOU!

-Kaf

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

ARE you serious?!
That is so insane.
I thought for sure 2008 would be a great year for you!
There are still lots of months left!

. dijo...

I am loving how positive Katie is about this!! Such a glass half full kind of person. :)

-Kaf

Hennyfair dijo...

WOW! Um, sounds kind of like my life from the years mid-2000 to mid-2007. I hope yours is confined to a shorter period of time. And at some point, if you can't do so already, it will all make you laugh and stand in awe over just how amazing God is to have let you experience so many unusual situations and come through with a laugh and a praise.