domingo, 24 de agosto de 2008

DC United WINS AGAIN!

Sweet, sweet game. DC United vs. Colorado Rapids. 3-0.

I went to the game last night with Miguel and Ivan and what a great game it was! There's a new player for DC United named Ivan Guerrero. He's really good and we liked that he had the same name as Ivan! When Ivan saw the field at the DC United stadium for the first time, he froze and stared at it. Finally he said, "Wow...it's so beautiful!" It was the first professional soccer game that he and Miguel had been to.

Miguel is possibly one of the luckiest kids I know. We happened to get to the game at the exact perfect time for this pre-game kids thing. He managed to win 5 DC United t-shirts. Yes, FIVE. Every time he came back to us with more t-shirts, Ivan and I just shook our heads and said, "How does he do it?" So then he just happened to be one of the few kids in the stadium who was chosen to go down to the field, carrying an enormous American flag to hold for the national anthem. If you look in the top picture, there's an arrow drawn to show where he is. He was really excited that he got to walk on the field and he came running back up to us afterwards, telling us all about how there wasn't a single hole on the field, not a single one! "I even touched the grass!" he shouted.

After the game, the DC United players typically sign autographs in one particular corner of the stadium. Well in the other games I've been to, I've always tried to get an autograph, but I've never been able to. The players always leave before I can get anything signed. So when Miguel wanted to get an autograph, I didn't really encourage it because I didn't want him to get his hopes up. So imagine our surprise when he came running back to Ivan and me carrying one of the shirts he won with FOUR autographs on it! How does he do it?????
Among other funny things that happened: Miguel kept calling the DC United eagle mascot a chicken. Every time the eagle walked by, he would beg, "PLEASE CAN I GO TOUCH THE CHICKEN????"
When we rode the metro, it was shaking a lot in this one place as it moved and Miguel said, "We need a new train. When I was this age, the trains used to be better."
When we were waiting for the metro to come, Miguel had this inflatable DC United tube thing that makes noise and he decided that jumping on it in a echoey metro station would be a great idea. So of course it popped and made a HUGE explosion sound that echoed off of the walls. Everyone in the station turned and looked and Miguel froze, pointing at Ivan as if to say that HE was the one who did it. His face was so hilarious that Ivan and I fell over laughing so hard.

1 comentario:

. dijo...

that's sooooo cool! Go Miguel!