lunes, 4 de agosto de 2008

Don't forget this if you're visiting Fort Story Lighthouse

So yesterday we had a 6:45 PM flight from Newport News to Orlando. We left the Outerbanks at 10:30 so we had a lot of extra time to find something to do in Virginia Beach. Kathryn decided that she wanted to visit the Fort Story Lighthouse since she has a slight obsession with lighthouses. So we pulled up to the entrance and never made it any farther. I'm here to tell you to not forget one critical piece of information if you want to go visit this lighthouse.

So we pull up, right? And I'm a little surprised because there are 23 policemen standing in front of the entrance. When we stop, one said, "We need the licenses of everyone in the vehicle." I'm like, "To see a lighthouse????" So we give him our licenses and he scans them. Then he said, "Okay pull up to the next policeman." We did and the new one said, "Licenses please." I was like, "Um, we've already done that." But he needed them again. Then he asked for one additional piece of information. I'm sure you're wondering what it is...passport maybe? Social security card? No. Nothing logical.

He said, "I need to see your vehicle insurance card."

MY VEHICLE INSURANCE CARD???? To see a lighthouse???? So I gave him my card but the only one I had with me had expired so he wouldn't let us in. So for future reference. Bring your insurance card if you want to see a lighthouse.

No hay comentarios.: