sábado, 8 de noviembre de 2008

NO MORE LEAVES!

I love my tree. I love it. It's big and beautiful and provides a marvelous amount of shady coolness during the hot days of summer. I have possibly the most beautiful tree on my street. HOWEVER, when all the leaves fall off of it in the fall, I HATE my tree. Okay, maybe "hate" is too strong of a word. I should use the words "have strong feelings of disaffection for" instead. My yard gets covered, and I mean COVERED, in leaves. There are places where I step down and the leaves come up to my knees, and by knees I mean ankles. But that's still a lot of leaves. I was complaining about the sheer quantity of leaves in my yard last night, so this morning Ivan woke me up at 9:30 and said, "LET'S GO MISS TICE!" I was like, "mmmm....leave me alone...." Finally I got up and we went to rake up all the leaves. Not only did we get them all, but we also trimmed a bunch of my bushes that were crazy overgrown, we cut down all the briars that had formed from months of summer neglect, and we cleaned up the garden area. Then some neighbors came over and asked if we could rake up their leaves too. We worked for about 4 hours and we made a ton of money! Now we're really tired but we have to get ready to go to soccer games. It's a beautiful day, perfect temperature, sunny, there's no more leaves, we have money, we're about to go play soccer for 2-3 hours, it's hard to imagine life any better... :)

No hay comentarios.: