domingo, 18 de enero de 2009

Jesus talk

Today Brian and Robert went to church with me and I was so happy that Brian came!  He's been with us before, but this week he was asking ALL WEEK to go with us.  He said he just got a new bible and he wanted to take it with him!  At church, the pastor was talking about the first commandment and when he read, "Have no other gods before you," Brian leaned over and said, "That's Exodus 20:3."  I was totally impressed and said, "Whoa!  How did you know that?"  (The pastor had not said the exact verse yet.)  He said, "I learned it."  I thought that was the coolest thing ever, sitting next to a 10-year-old kid who recognized the exact verse from the bible that the pastor was reading.  Then when we sang a song and the words said, "Beautiful is the One who is speaking," Brian said, "They're talking about Jesus!"  That kid has to be one of the coolest kids ever!  

Then at McDonald's later with Edith (see the post below this one to find out WHY we were at McDonald's), Edith and I were talking in Spanish about Jesus.  We were talking about whether we thought Jesus likes ice cream.  I said, "I think he does, because Jesus is everything good and ice cream is definitely good."  Edith said, "Then he must like chocolate cookies because they're REALLY good."  I said, "What else is good?  What else do you think Jesus likes?"  She thought and then said, "Kangaroos.  Kangaroos are great."  Hahahahaha.  I love talks with kids about Jesus!  In the car on the way home, we listened to a Spanish song about how Jesus is our best friend and Edith said, "Jesus is my best friend too!"  Cool, cool kids!

No hay comentarios.: