miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2007

It's SNOWING!!!

IT'S SNOWING!!! YAY FOR SNOW!!! We didn't get out of school early. The snow didn't stick. There wasn't enough of it to do anything with it. BUT IT SNOWED!!! It's the first day of snow!!! Here's a picture that my little friend, Miguel, made me. He's learning English more and more every day, but still can only communicate in Spanish. He absolutely loves going anywhere that I'll take him so we go to church every Sunday and last Sunday evening he went to the youth group for the first time! We also go to the skatepark because he really likes riding bikes and skateboards on the ramps. He loves, and I mean LOVES, my cat Calabaza. He draws pictures of him and asks about him all the time! He gave me another picture of Calabaza with wings so that he could fly! That's Calabaza in this picture too! See him? Miguel's never seen snow before so today was his first day seeing it! He really wants to go snowboarding so I'm going to take him up to Wintergreen on Saturday for Opening Day!

Check this out: So that I don't have to pay for rentals at Wintergreen (VERY expensive), I wanted to get kids' snowboard equipment that the kids can use so that I can take them without having to pay. (I know what you're thinking...WASTE OF MONEY! DON'T DO IT BETH! YOU'RE TRYING TO STOP SPENDING MONEY, REMEMBER????) So I was like...hmmm, I really don't have the money to buy kids' snowboard equipment. So how can I get it for free? And I made a plan. When my plan was complete, GUESS WHAT! I got a really nice snowboard, snowboard bindings, snowboard boots, AND a kids' snowboard jacket all for 72 CENTS!

HAHAHAHAHA I was so happy! So take that all of you "no, beth, don't spend more money, beth" people! It's onward to Wintergreen on Saturday for Miguel's first experience in snow!

3 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

72 cents?!

how did that happen?!?!

i am glad you will get snow soon!

it will make the winter more enjoyable!

Hennyfair dijo...

Yeah, how did it happen? I wanna know!

Anónimo dijo...

i dig the green belts.