martes, 28 de agosto de 2007

a bite of wood

So last night I finally figured out why people on low-fat diets lose weight so fast.

Because the food tastes like crap! They don't want to eat any of it. I was at the grocery store since I haven't been in like 6 weeks, and I had this random, "I should eat healthier" thought. Don't know where it came from. So everything I bought was like "fat free" or "reduced fat" or some such nonsense as that.

Well I got home and was hungry from looking at all that food so I decided to cook me up a whole wheat bagel with some fat free cream cheese. It looked delicious. It smelled delicious. The label on the bagel bag said that one bagel is equal to THREE servings of whole grain food. That's gotta be good right? So I looked admiringly at my bagel, opened my mouth, and took a big bite...

and it tasted like wood. I was essentially eating a tree. Probably the bark from a tree. They mixed bark in with the wheat I'm sure. I'm thinking of writing a letter to the bagel company asking them which tree they pulled the bark off of to make their bagels.

Blech.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

there are lots of breads here that taste like tree bark!

and there are crisp breads here that taste like horse food! not that i have ever tried horse food, but i am just sure that horse food would taste just like crisp breads!

-KT