viernes, 10 de agosto de 2007

DC United WINS!

Last night was probably one of the best nights I've had in my life! It was completely orchestrated by God! If you're interested in just reading the short version, here it is: I went to see the DC United vs. LA Galaxy game last night in Washington. DC United won. David Beckham and Carlos Pavon played! The end.

Here are the details and how this trip was completely set up by God!

#1: Do you recall the dream I had about this game? If not, scroll down to the post called "Soccer Crazy" and you'll find out about it there. So I had this dream about the game and when I told this kid named Wilson about it, he went crazy because he's never been to a MLS game and the boy LIVES FOR SOCCER. There's a player for Galaxy named Carlos Pavon who is from Honduras and Wilson is also from Honduras so he desperately wanted to see Pavon play, and of course he equally desperately wanted to see Beckham play. So I decided to get tickets and take Wilson to the game.

#2: Four of us ended up going, me, Wilson, another soccer kid named Marcie, and a friend who works at my school named Samantha. When we got in my car (which does not have air conditioning), it was about 100 degrees outside. We were dying before we even left C'ville. I said out loud, "If only it was 5 degrees cooler." Samantha said, "If only it was 10 degrees cooler." Then I said, "Hey, how about 15 degrees cooler!" Within one minute, the sky clouded over, a cool breeze started blowing and the temperature dropped. And guess what the temperature ended up being for the rest of the night. 85 degrees. (Go back up and look at what it started as!) Don't believe me? Go on dcunited.com and check the game details. It says the weather conditions.

#3: I was worried about our seats because our tickets were for the very top section, almost the very top row. I thought maybe it would be too far away for us to see the game well. In fact though, they ended up being the most perfect seats because we could see the whole field (we had mid-field seats), we could watch David Beckham when he started warming up right in front of us, and it wasn't even that high. Just look at the pictures! It wasn't bad at all! And the other great thing was that it started raining in the second half and our top rows were the only rows that were covered! We didn't get wet at all! Hahahahaha God is so great!

#4: The night before the game, I checked the injured list for LA Galaxy so I could check on David Beckham's status. I was a little disappointed because it said there was only a "slight possibility" he would get to play, and I was very sad for Wilson because the Honduras player, Carlos Pavon, was also on the injured list. Wilson was very disappointed to find this out. But then Beckham started warming up on the sidelines and we started getting our hopes up! Then in the 72nd minute he went in to play the final 20 minutes of the game! And as if that wasn't enough, guess who went in at the 77th minute! CARLOS PAVON!!! Wilson was jumping up and down, he was so excited! And Carlos Pavon and Beckham both almost scored!

#5: Wilson and Marcie have to be the most fun kids to travel with ever. They loved every minute of the trip, from riding the Metro in Washington to using the binoculars to see the players so close they could even see which players had earrings! When the Metro went underground, Wilson was convinced we were under water and Marcie kept pointing out invisible sea turtles, which Wilson pretended to be terrified of. He would hide under the seat every time Marcie called out, "WATCH OUT! There's a sea turtle!" And when the train doors opened at the stops, the boys would hold their breath so the "water" wouldn't drown them.

On the way home, Marcie fell right to sleep, but Wilson was wired. He stayed awake, making us laugh all the way until we got home at 1:30 AM. He was so excited about the game. Here were some of his hilarious comments:

"I'm probably going to fall out of my bed tonight because I got to see David Beckham and Carlos Pavon!"
"Miss Tice, you need to pinch yourself right now! You might be dreaming because YOU JUST GOT TO SEE DAVID BECKHAM!!!"

"I'm going to call my grandma right now and tell her I got to see Carlos Pavon! Wait I don't have a cellphone. Well I'll call her when I get home. Wait she might be asleep. I don't care - I'm going to wake her up to tell her I SAW CARLOS PAVON!"

"We should make David Beckham our pet."

"Nobody's going to believe me that I saw David Beckham and Carlos Pavon! I'm going to write about it on the first day of school. Here's what I'll write: This summer I went to a soccer game and I saw David Beckham and Carlos Pavon. And I wanted David Beckham to sign my chicken nugget."

And this one, of course, was the one that made all the cost worth it: "This is the very best day of my whole life right now! I got to see David Beckham!"

3 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That is So awesome Beth!

Those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

We watched the highlights on espn.com's video archive...We saw that one Beckham free kick that Pavon nearly converted into a goal!

We did not see the 4 of you, however!!!!!!!!!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Oh, and i especially liked the "chicken nugget" comment!