lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007

Third Day Came to C'ville!

Can you believe it? Third Day came to Charlottesville last night! They played at the Pavilion downtown and my church, Portico, got to serve at the concert! Our mission was the drink booths, like usual! (We serve at the Pavilion twice per month.) It's fun because we all wear our Portico shirts and everyone's always like, "What's por-tee-co?" Then we get to tell them all about our church!

In the middle of the concert it started raining, and I mean POURING! As you can see from the pictures, we got soaked (even with the ponchos). Well actually, everyone got soaked except Jenn and I. We sort of conveniently climbed into this big hole in a wall and stayed dry in there. See us? Not a wet drop anywhere! Everyone laughed, but hey, we weren't the ones who were wet for the rest of the concert!

The rain put a hold on the concert for about 45 minutes because they had to mop the stage to get rid of the two inches of rain water that dropped out of the sky. But then they started back up and played for the full time! The Pavilion was PACKED too...the rain didn't scare anybody away at all! The concert was great, of course, I mean HELLO, it's Third Day! But for me, the highlight of the night was meeting the Chic-Fil-A mascot, Mr. Cow. I was really in to the cow. He had really soft fur and nice floppy ears and he was exceptionally quiet, but then he usually is. I told him what a big fan I am of his restaurant! He was going to give me a little cow to keep but I told him there was probably a little kid who needed it more than me. It was a big sacrifice, I know...

Oh yeah and the booth right next to us was Spring Hill Baptist Church and they gave out free chocolate bars all night and then ordered Kentucky Fried Chicken and gave all of us Portico people free dinner!
Chic-fil-a cows, free dinner and chocolate, and Third Day! I'd do that night again any time!

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Aw man, I want free chicken and free chocolate!

I remember going to a Third Day concert in Evansville - it was great!

I am perturbed that Mr. Cow was so quiet. Was he worried about something? Having a bad day? Sad about getting rained on?

Anyway, looks like great times!