jueves, 1 de noviembre de 2007

Happy November!

Today was a long day. We had parent conferences and I didn't get home until 8. The one good thing about parent conferences is that we have an AWESOME PTO that orders dinner for all of us teachers every conference night. Tonight we had food from Mel's Diner - delicious chicken, possibly the best macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten, green beans, rolls, etc. And you can eat as much as you want! It's so good!

And last night of course was Halloween and I bought a bunch of candy to pass out to kids on my street but by the time I had to leave for my Spanish class, not a single kid had come to my door. I was so sad. So I just left a bucket of candy on my sidewalk for the kids. It wasn't the same though.

I took my new cat Calabaza to the vet today for a check up. It was cool because I took him to Dr. Doss who was my family's vet for all of our pets when I was growing up. Dr. Doss was like, "I remember you when you were just this little!" It was cool seeing him again and for the first time with a pet of my own. Calabaza is one healthy cat!

Oh yeah and one of my firebelly newts died. I'm so sad for him. I don't think my newts are happy at all. They won't eat anything. If they don't eat again tomorrow, I'm going to take them to the pet store to see if the people there know why they're sad. Everything should be right for the newts, so I don't know why they're not happy. I feel so bad for them. I wanted them for so long and they're not even happy. :( My kids were so upset about Flame dying and we didn't want to just dispose of him. We're currently studying ancient Egypt so the kids asked if Flame could be a pharaoh. What did they mean by that? They wanted to mummify our dead newt. So of course I said, "YEAH! LET'S DO IT!" Okay a bit morbid. Depressing. Possibly creepy. Butttt...it would kind of prolong Flame's "life" by allowing us to interact with him just a little longer. So he's currently bathing in a mixture similar to the Egyptian's natron salt, drying out. In a couple weeks, we'll wrap him in linen cloths and the kids are going to make him a sarcophagus and a pyramid for a burial tomb. Then we're going to have a ceremony and we're going to dress like Egyptians and lead a burial procession through the school in honor of Pharaoh Flame. And THEN we'll bury him. The kids are very excited about turning him into a mummy. I'm not sure what I think of it.

But I do know for sure that I'm tired. Goodnight.

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Beth, I'm sorry about your newt:( Alicia thinks you should stay away from perishable pets for now on, whatever that means. Maybe you should get a sponge.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am SO sorry, but that whole Egyptian funeral procession thing quite LITERALLY made me laugh out loud.

Hennyfair dijo...

That is one crazy class project! I love it!