jueves, 17 de julio de 2008

skateboard tip


So last night Miguel, Ben, and I went to the skatepark again. The main difference was that I actually skateboarded too...for the first time since last October. At first I was sort of nervous because I thought I would fall on the ramps since I hadn't done it in like 10 months. Well there was this other little kid there (about 7 years old) who I had seen last summer. He wasn't very good then and I was helping him learn how to drop in to ramps and do ollies and stuff. NOW, however, the kid is amazing! He can ollie over ramps and down steps and do kickflips! So anyway, I was standing at the top of a ramp trying to get up the courage to drop in for the first time in 10 months, and he climbed up the ramp and stood beside me, staring at me.

I said, "Can I help you? Of all the ramps in this park, do I happen to be standing in the exact spot that you need to be in?"

He giggled and said, "Don't I know you? Aren't you the person who taught me how to drop in a long time ago?"

I said, "Quite possibly. Now what do you want?"

He said, "Why aren't you going down this ramp? You know how to do it."

I explained to him that I was a little nervous, with my head being so much higher from the ground than his head. Then I asked, "Hey, do you have any tips for me? Remind me how to drop in."

He got a huge smile on his face and said, "YEAH! I can help you! Okay, first you put your board like this. Then you can't think about it, you just have to do it. You have to stomp down really hard like you're trying to squish a spider that's on the floor! See like this!"

I started laughing and laughing because that spider thing was the exact thing that I told that kid a year ago to teach him how to drop in! I don't even think he realized it! So after that I dropped in and he cheered and clapped for me! It was really cute!

1 comentario:

Jonathan dijo...

lol
that reminds me when we were at new hope and i keep going down the ramp in the teen room all the time and never made it safely down and hotting the very hard concert floor.