martes, 10 de julio de 2007

Another glorious day at the lake


Yesterday my family spent the afternoon relaxing at the "lake"/"pond"/"body of water big enough for canoeing, kayaking, and swimming" at my mom's farm. We had kayaks this time, so Kathryn and I raced and took turns with the paddle (since we only had one paddle). Mike was just enjoying the sun and the water, floating on his raft when Kathryn decided to run over him with her kayak. Poor guy.

I got in a kayak, but if you don't know me well, I have this slight fear of kayaks that has never really gone away since I was little. I'm afraid that one time the kayak will flip over and I won't be able to swim out of the hole and I'll be trapped upside down beneath the kayak forever. So I was feeling pretty brave yesterday and decided to try one.



It wasn't so bad and I even raced around the island a few times. Kayaks are really quite sturdy as it turns out.




We feel so blessed to have this awesome lake right at our house where we can go any time. How is it that God can be this good?

TOMORROW'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! Yippee!!!!

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!

Hope you have loads of fun today and that God reminds you in His lovely way that you are fearfully and wonderfully made, gloriously and fully His, and that you are the delight of His heart!

He is so glad that you are you!!!

Have a GREAT day!