miércoles, 4 de julio de 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!

Happy 4th of July everybody! I had something cool happen today that I'm excited about! I was really tempted today by this one sin I've been struggling with. As I saw the temptation happening, I started praying, but even that didn't really help. Finally in a last attempt at getting that sin out of my mind, I grabbed the last weapon I had - the bible. I opened it to Luke 8 and started reading. It was the section about the four seeds, each planted on a different kind of ground. I got to verse 14: "The seed that fell among the thorny weeds is like those who hear God's teaching, but they let the worries, riches, and pleasures of this life keep them from growing and producing good fruit." I shouted out, "DANG IT!! I AM NOT A THORNY WEED!" And then I laughed cuz that sounded funny. But it worked! Immediately the temptation disappeared from my mind!

Man, we had an unbelievable 4th of July too! Probably the best one ever! Pictures and details to come tomorrow! Use the weapons God gave us everybody! They're powerful beyond measure!

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

AMEN to that!

I am not a thorny weed either!