sábado, 28 de julio de 2007

We won the championship!


In the midst of a very sad week, good things have happened too. On Thursday night, my team, the X Rays, played in the playoffs for the city league championship. We were in third place entering the playoffs. The first game - the semi-finals - was ironically against my sister's team, the second place team. This was the team that led me to join the X Rays back in the spring when I went to watch my sister's game and saw that the Rays needed another player. Although I betrayed my sister, I ended up staying with the Rays for the rest of the season. So it was weird that we played them in the semi-finals. We crushed them and almost won by slaughter rule. They gave a good attempt to come back though. It was 17-3 in the 4th inning when they went on a hitting spree. We finally won like 21-15 or something.

Then we played the first place team in the finals. We were definitely on our game and we won 10-6! I played second base for both games and hit 3 singles and walked once. Our team got a trophy at the end of the game. Well, it's really a plaque in the shape of home plate that says that we won. It's really cool! Go X Rays!

No hay comentarios.: