viernes, 26 de octubre de 2007

5 in one week. That must be a record.


I think I've just set a family record. I went from NO pets to FIVE pets in one week! Remember earlier how I was saying I wish I had a hamster, some newts, a corn snake, and a cat? Well now I've gotten my hamster. I've gotten my firebelly newts. And tonight...I GOT A CAT!!! He was a stray cat that my mom found in Waynesboro. He's been on his own for a long time, and he's very thin (obviously he's not very adept at hunting). But he's REALLY friendly...like REALLY REALLY friendly, which is good because those are the kind of cats I like. He's been following me around everywhere! He doesn't have a name yet either and I was warned by my sister not to accept any suggestions from my mother. I didn't really take her warning seriously until my mom brought me my new kitty and she said, "I think you should name him Harry Peter."

My mom is notorious for coming up with bizarre names for animals. Take some of her past animals for example... MR. Sally, Bridget, Sir Thomas, etc. Of course my sister isn't much better what with her evil, vindictive cat she named Cuddles, possibly THE most inappropriate name ever. Still, they mean well.
My friends Jonathan, Sara, and Kim came over tonight after we went to a totally cool worship event at the University Chapel. We got to hang out and they met my new kitty, who is still nameless at this point. They had good suggestions - Jack for Jack o'Lantern, Alexander, Buddy, and Jonathan was really pushing for Trout.
So we'll see... we've named the hamster and the newts now too! The hamster's name is Pumpkin Pie and the firebelly newts are Fireball, Flame, and Fuego (the Spanish word for "fire"). I'll post some ridiculously cute pictures of my newts tomorrow! For now, it's off to a goodnight's sleep with Harry Peter.

4 comentarios:

. dijo...

He's gorgeous!

I like Jack! That would be good! Although it is close to the name Jax for that cat that mom had...

Jonathan dijo...

must be

-Charlie
or
Trout

. dijo...

um....and you need to clean his ears.

What about Jake if you like Jack? Its close, but better.

Anónimo dijo...

Ok, I don't visit your blog for a few days and now yo have five animals, including a cat!!! Have I ever mentioned how much I love cats...

At least you have a good chance of one of them living for more than a year:)