martes, 23 de octubre de 2007

more new friends!

Well tonight I went to the pet store to find out when they would get any more firebelly newts in (since they were sold out of them this past weekend). The guy working tonight said, "We have firebelly newts right now!!!" I was so excited! I've wanted a firebelly newt since I was a little kid. Every time I went into Pet Forum (the best pet store in town) I would go straight to the tank of firebelly newts and stare at them in amazement at their brilliant bellies! My parents would never let me get one though. So I was stuck with just wishing I had one for my whole life so far... UNTIL NOW!!

I learned all about how to care for the little creatures tonight and they're surprisingly easy! Easier than most lizards and amphibians! They eat a wide variety of foods, including crickets, small fish, chopped up worms, and food pellets. They don't need a heat source, unless their water gets really cold. They don't need a filter. They don't need a light. Those things are all just nice to have, but not necessary. Really they just need a place to swim and a place to get out of the water when they want to. So I decided to get one! Well, actually I didn't get one. I got THREE!!! They are so nice looking and they are very good swimmers. They don't have names yet so if anybody wants to suggest names for three delightful firebelly newts, I'm open to ideas!

YAY!!! I can't believe I have my very own firebelly newts at last! I just can't stop looking at them!

4 comentarios:

Hennyfair dijo...

Alright, well, I can't say I'd ever want one personally, but I'm super thrilled for you. Plus, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE that picture! Even though he one part creeps me out and one part makes me giggle inside over how cute he looks standing there on that greenage. No matter, I'm glad your childhood dream has come to pass...3X over!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

well now, i have never heard of a firebelly newt but i see where they got their name from!

i can't believe you got THREE! that was a great idea! now they can all be friends and not be sad that they live in an unfamiliar environment and climate!

will you start catching crickets now?

Blazer, Tazer and Fazer.

Beth dijo...

HAHAHAHAHAHA Blazer Tazer and Fazer!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA that made me laugh hysterically! I'll definitely suggest that to my kids! I hope they made it through the night...I'm going to school right now to check on them!

. dijo...

I think Sieg, Fried, and Roy.

Yey for you finaaaaally getting your newts!!! You little newty person!