sábado, 8 de marzo de 2008

Fridays with Peter Pan

Lately I've been having some awesome Fridays! Miguel hangs out with me on Fridays because his mom and brother both have to work until midnight or later. Peter has been coming with me to hang out with Miguel and we take our other little friend, Brian, who was in my class last year. We go eat at Guadalajara, our favorite restaurant, because two of the servers there named Olga and Susana just LOVE Brian and Miguel. As soon as we go into the restaurant they motion to us and say, "Come sit in my section!" After a delicious mexican meal, we go play basketball or soccer or swimming. The boys call Peter "Peter Pan" and they think he's the coolest person EVER.

Well last night before going to eat, we went to Family Christian Store first. Both boys had never been there before and they LOVED seeing all the things about Jesus in the store. Peter Pan bought Brian a picture bible that is in comics and Brian didn't even wait to leave the store to read it. He just plopped right down on the floor of the store and began reading all about Samson. When we got to the car, Brian and Miguel read Genesis 1 and then prayed to God, saying "Thank you God for this great bible!"

When we got to Guadalajara, we all said a blessing and the boys prayed, "Thank you God that we're all here and please let Miss Tice and Peter Pan play with us every Friday because they're our best friends."

Then at last we went to play basketball. We played for about two hours until midnight. Brian took breaks every twenty minutes or so to go read his new bible! Finally the boys were wiped out (by midnight I would hope so!). Brian begged Peter Pan to give him a piggy back ride back to the car like he usually does, so he carried Brian out.
It's so awesome hanging out with kids who have so little, but who are so excited about God! I am so blessed to have so many great friends, from Peter Pan and the kids, Ann, Alicia, Katie, Niklas, my sister, Jenny, Jonathan, Kim, Sara, Diane, my grandparents, the Riley's, the Arispe's, the Smith's, the Adams', the Boggs', the Nachmanovitch's, the Marks' and all the families at school that support me, pray for me, and keep track of what's going on in my life! And I can't forget my favorite pets, Chaos, Calabaza, Tucker, Cody, and Zorro!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey can we go see Horton Hears a Hoo next week? I wanna see it.

-K

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Man, that sounds like the IDEAL Friday night!!!

Imagine how much those guys look forward to Fridays!

There is so much power in HOPE and excited expectation!

How awesome that God blesses us so that we can be a blessing to others!

BE BLESSED!