martes, 11 de marzo de 2008

Zorro's Series of Unfortunate Events

My new pet fox, Zorro, had a rather unfortunate weekend. It all started on Friday when I dropped the boys off after playing basketball. It was very late and very dark and Zorro fell out of the car when the boys got out. Nobody saw him fall. So when I got home I looked everywhere for Zorro and I couldn't find him, of course. I thought maybe one of the boys carried him inside the house by mistake. So the next day I went to look for him. I went to Miguel's house and he said that his mom saw Zorro that morning when she was driving. She saw him on the side of the road (which is unfortunate because the side of the road is all muddy and it poured rain all night) and said, "Hey it's Zorro!" (cuz everybody knows Zorro).


So Miguel and I ran up the street to look for him. But we looked and looked and couldn't find him anywhere. Sadly, we went back to Miguel's house, very worried about little Zorrito. When we got there, Miguel's mom was standing
at the door and she called out, "I FOUND ZORRO!!!" We took off running to the door and she brought out a muddy, sopping wet fox.

Miguel, Brian, Ivan (Miguel's older brother), and I all gathered around the poor little fox and squeezed the water out of him. Then Miguel's mom tried to wash him in the sink, but it didn't work. Finally I took him home to give him a bath in the washing machine.

On Saturday, I was riding in the car with Zorro when my car slid all the way down the lane and crashed into another car. Zorro went flying through the car and slammed into the floor. Fortunately he wasn't hurt, just a little scared.

Then Miguel and I took him snowboarding on Sunday, thinking that would make him feel better after his awful weekend. Except the snow all stuck to his fur and he froze hard as a rock. We had to thaw him with the heaters in the car on the way back. At least he's a forgiving fox.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Good post.