sábado, 19 de septiembre de 2009

reasons why i have the best family ever:

Here are just some of the latest funny/sweet reasons why I love my family!

1. Kathryn was over at a friend's house when she saw her friend reach out towards her and she automatically ducked to protect herself. Her friend was like, "What's wrong with you?" She said, "I'm a younger sibling, what do you think?" (Sidenote: Contrary to popular belief, I did not attack her THAT MUCH when she was little.)

2. On the day of Back-to-School Night (the night when parents go to their kids' classes to meet their teachers), Edith came and asked me if I would go at 6:30 to meet her teacher. I told her I already knew her teacher, but she begged me to go anyway, so I went. When I got in her classroom, all the kids had written letters to their parents, starting with "Dear Mom" or "Dear Dad". I looked at Edith's and it said, "Dear Beth".

3. Lucero spent TWO HOURS telling me about how evil her teacher is. TWO HOURS. And what did I do? I politely sat there, listening to every word for TWO HOURS. Finally Miguel walked in and asked if I would take him and his friends to the Ice Park and I got up to put my shoes on. Lucero was outraged and said, "What??? You're not even going to listen to me??? I'm trying to tell you something!" I was like, "Dude, I just listened to you for TWO HOURS!" She said, "And I'm not done yet."

4. Even in stressful situations, Kathryn can find the humor. For example she's having yet another problem with her HP computer (DOWN WITH HP!!!) and she's very frustrated. Yet when she received an email from HP asking for her current address and potions, she was able to separate her frustration from the ridiculousness of that typing error. (Sidenote: We still have not figured out what HP meant by "potions".)

5. Edith came running in secretly to me with Mama right behind her. Edith whispered to me frantically, "Beth! If you tell Mama that YOU taught me to draw hearts, I'll give you a chocolate." hahahahahahaha

6. Mama bought me a leopard gecko after I was so sad that my blue-tailed skink and northern ringneck snake escaped somewhere in the house.

7. When I was having a particularly bad day, Ivan could tell that something was wrong. He asked, "Are you okay?" I shrugged and said, "Yeah." He said, "Yeah like yeah? Or yeah like there's something?"

8. On a rainy Thursday when my abnormally loud children were eating snack, Kathryn texts me with this message: "Just listened to bagpipes playing in the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs." I looked at/heard the rain outside and my 20 noisy children and looked again at her message. I thought, "That's great. Just great."

No hay comentarios.: