lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2009

Washington DC!!!

My stepmom Diane, who lives in Maine, came down to Nothern Virginia this weekend for her high school reunion. She called and asked if I could come up and visit. Miguel wanted to come so we decided to have a weekend in Washington! We had a great visit with Diane (who I haven't seen in 3 years). We spent the night there and had breakfast with her the next morning. Then after taking her to the airport for her return trip home, I asked Miguel what he wanted to do. He said, "Let's go see the White House!" I don't think I've ever actually seen the White House so I was like, "Yeah! I have no idea where it is...so let's go!"
Here's the White House! It took us like an hour to find it, but then when we found it, we were like, "WHAT??? It was right there the whole time????" We didn't see Obama but we looked for him.
Miguel took random pictures of everybody walking with us on the way to seeing the White House. Here he is with the White House in the background.
We also went to the World War II Memorial and I explained to him why it was built and we went around and read all the states and quotes that are carved into the stone. We also saw the wall of stars with the carved stone that says, "Here we mark the price of freedom." We talked about what it meant and Miguel thought it was really cool.
Then we went to see the Washington Monument and the circle of flags.

He couldn't believe how tall the obelisk was! I told him it was even taller than the ones from Egypt.
We went to the Museum of Natural History too because he wanted to see the dinosaurs. He took a picture of me in front of a prehistoric moose!
In the museum, we saw some cousins of zorro!
Miguel really liked the lion and tiger models!
Here's a picture of us with Diane! We had a great weekend and it totally came up at the last minute! Miguel had never seen Washington before and I had never seen the White House. We wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been for Diane coming down! So thanks, Diane, for a great weekend!

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Wait, Obama didn't come out so that he could say hello to you?! What is that about?!!!

Awesome photos! Did Miguel take some of those of you? He is a good photographer!