lunes, 12 de marzo de 2007

Blame it on DST


Okay wow. WOW. You would not believe the day I had. And it's all Daylight Savings Time's fault! Allow me to make a long story short by summing it up this way: Mouse King AND Hammy both escaped from their respective cages. Okay actually Hammy didn't escape. He was "freed" by my fifth grade tutoring group in an attempt to get out of reading. When asked what they knew about the mysterious opening of his ball that miraculously let Hammy escape, they responded, "What ball, Miss Tice? What are you talking about? GASP! You mean Hammy's loose????" 20 minutes later, Hammy was back in his cage safe and sound. Mouse King escaped because he was asleep when I got to school (seeing as how his internal clock still said that it was BLOODY SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING) and I opened his cage so he would wake up. Then because I was so tired, I started doing something else and forgot that his cage was open. so then the kids come in saying, "Miss Tice!!! There goes Mouse King!"
Oh right, I was supposed to be summarizing. One child was caught snatching paper clips out of my desk and another was found guilty of stealing six legos (including a rare yellow bridge piece).
During our research of extreme storms, the group learning about tornadoes picked up a book titled, "TORNADOES!" and looked at it for about 3 seconds. Maybe more. Then they raised their hands. I came over and said, "Yes, Tornado Group? What seems to be troubling you?" They said, "Well, Miss Tice, we're trying to find out information about tornadoes and we looked in this book and there's NOTHING about tornadoes in the WHOLE book!"
What can you say to that one, really?
I could go on and on, entertaining you with delightful stories from the day but I need to go to bed. I have learned a lesson however and tomorrow I have an action plan to prevent a day like today from ever happening again.
ACTION PLAN: Write a letter to the school board requesting that the week immediately following Daylight Savings Time consist of one-hour delays for the period of five school days.
This will be an anonymous letter.

1 comentario:

Centrumkyrkan dijo...

Hi Beth!
I found a great link for you and your Swedish studies:
http://lexin.nada.kth.se/
It's a homepage that we use in school here in Sweden for students from other contries...

--Niklas