viernes, 9 de marzo de 2007

The World is My Kingdom

I'm sick again. I get sick like once a month. It stinks. But I've been feeling fine for about 2 and a half weeks, so I guess it was time for me to get sick again. I took a little guy in my class to taekwondo tonight and on the way home we were talking about taekwondo. Completely off the subject, he says, "I wish the world was my kingdom." I said, "Huh?" He repeated it. I laughed and said, "You wish the world was your kingdom? What would you do if it was?" Then he proceeded to name off a list of rules that were completely unrelated to eachother (you know how most kids would say things like "kids won't have a bedtime, kids can eat whatever they want, kids don't have to go to school...." and you can see where their thoughts were leading?). Yeah this was his list of rules:

1. Kids can sleep for 1 minute and that counts.
2. Everyone gets 2 dogs.
3. Soccer players can cancel the game if they want.
etc. etc.

It was hilarious because none of the rules had anything to do with the rule before it and they were completely unexpected! I can't wait until I have kids and I get to listen to my kids say awesome things like that all the time!

2 comentarios:

Hennyfair dijo...

Kids crack me up. They also amaze me. Do you ever get blown out of the water by something they really get and pick up very quickly but that you thought they were going to have a hard time grasping? Or is that just me? Perhaps I underestimate them. Either way, that was a really cute story and I thank you for sharing!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

well, you will really have to learn Swedish, because what if our kiddo makes some priceless comment in Swedish a few years down the road?!

you don't want to miss the funniness of it!