miércoles, 28 de marzo de 2007

Soccer Expert

At school I was reading little Brian's journal (checking homework) and I started laughing so hard. Here's what he wrote:


"When I was 5 I used to want to be a famous soccer player. But as it turns out, you have to be a soccer expert to be one of those."


Hahahahaha! I said to Brian in between laughs, "You know you could always BE a soccer expert and THEN be a famous soccer player."


Brian said, "Oh goody! Wanna hear me sing like a rock star?"


Well whatever Brian's gonna be...I sure hope he never loses his sense of humor. That boy will burst out laughing just looking at a wall. I watch him sometimes laughing hysterically at his own joke and I think how often kids laugh every day and how few times adults laugh. And we wonder why we get so tired and impatient and frustrated.... Lately I've been trying to find humor in what kids/people say and in what is happening around me. I have this desire to want to laugh like a kid again - to laugh where you can't stop laughing and just when you try to stop, it all comes back again. Just thinking about it makes me smile. Maybe we, as adults, should THINK about laughing more....then maybe we would laugh!


Check out the youtube video in the blog under this one called "Funny Man" and try not to smile.

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

A few years ago I too had an insight into the fact that I totally did not laugh as often as I used to, both as a kid and as a teenager...

As I was thinking about that and the reasons for it, I was thinking about how many really important things happen in your physical body when you laugh...it's like God created laughter to keep us healthy (both physically and mentally).

So I wanted to experiment a bit with the physical effects of laughter on well-being...There is this one program that makes me really really really laugh like no other show I have ever seen. So I downloaded a bunch of episodes and watched it like twice a day for a week, no joke!

Now, of course I can't spend my life watching funny TV shows, but it was just a part of my experiment. I mean, this show made me laugh so hard my tummy muscles would get sore afterwards.

And it totally did, FOR REAL, make me feel better physically and put me in an excellent mood.

Of course GOD IS OUR JOY and all of that, and being filled with his Holy Spirit is the best there is, but I am just saying that it is cool how God created laughter to make us healthier in our physical bodies!

Yeah!