lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007

Maybe I'm not invisible?

God gave me a huge blessing today through my runaway hamster, Hammy. I've sort of felt like invisible person lately everywhere - school, church, "friends", etc. Like people will say hi to me, but then when I try to start/join a conversation, they just walk away, "have to go", sign off, etc. I really thought maybe EVERYONE'S mad at me or something all at the same time. So anyway, when Hammy was missing on Friday, I wasn't even going to send an email out to everyone at school because I thought, "Why would anyone care?" Finally AFTER SCHOOL on Friday, I sent an email just saying that if anyone found Hammy to let me know. I found Hammy on Saturday and when I got to school today, pretty much everyone in the whole school kept coming to me to ask if Hammy was back. They were so excited when they found out he was and I got over a dozen emails from people saying how happy they were. Even the custodian stuck his head in our room when he first got to school and asked if we had found the little hamster. He then proceeded to tell me how he and some other teachers had stayed after school for a long time on Friday looking for Hammy. One teacher anonymously left a small bag of hamster treats with a bow on it that said "Welcome back, Hammy!" Another teacher gave me a moose book that she found at a book fair this weekend, since I was so sad about Hammy on Friday.

It was really a blessing because it made me realize that maybe I'm not invisible. Right when I've been asking God, "Why doesn't anyone around here care?" he showed me a whole bunch of people who I work with that care a lot. All by using a runaway hamster.

3 comentarios:

Marco dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Marco dijo...

NO WAY, HAMMY WOULD KICK THEM MOUSES BUTTS

. dijo...

I love you big sister!