domingo, 18 de febrero de 2007

Chris Tomlin and Louie Giglio












An evening with Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, Matt Redman, awesome friends, and of course, JESUS!!! Don't you wish YOU had spent your Friday night like that?


We saw Katie's mom there and guess what! Her mom won a free seat upgrade and got to switch seats and go closer! How cool is that?


Louie talked about space and how massive the universe is that we live in. He showed us the Whirlpool galaxy - 31 million light years away. Then he showed us a picture of the CORE of that galaxy. Here's a picture of what it looks like:
He also talked about how we are walking miracles, put together and held together by Christ himself. In fact, he told us about something called laminin that is in every one of our 75 trillion cells. Laminin is a cell-adhesion molecule. Adhesion. Think glue. It's the glue that holds us together. And guess what it's shaped like? Click here to see a picture of it: http://bio.takara.co.jp/bio_en/images/enM018a.gif


The cross of Jesus Christ is stamped all over this universe and He's the very glue holding us together! How cool is THAT? (And you thought it was cool that Katie's mom won a free seat upgrade!)

2 comentarios:

mjpmusic dijo...

I was there too and was blown away by the mini-sermon by Louie Giglio. The music was fantastic as well, but it would have been worth it all just to hear the sermon -- reminds you how small you are, but also how precious you are despite being so small

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Yeah, my mom about had a hernia with excitement as she told me on the phone all about her experience on Friday night.

Here are some quotes:

"I got to worship God for THREE STRAIGHT HOURS!"

"We were all just freaking out! A SEAT UPGRADE!"

"And Beth ran up to me out of nowhere and said - don't worry! I don't have my credit card with me! I'm not going to buy anything!"

That last one made me laugh the most!