miércoles, 14 de febrero de 2007

Happy V Day!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY!!!!

Not too much exciting happening lately except WE HAVEN'T HAD SCHOOL FOR TWO DAYS!!!! I've been mostly grading work, writing to parents, watching Psych, eating lunch with my mom, working out at Gold's Gym, etc. Man, life is tough.

My grandmother is going to be released from the nursing home next Saturday, Feb. 24th. That's the good news. The unfortunate part is that my uncle is taking her to Texas with him for 4-6 weeks, against her wishes for the most part. She has Alzheimer's and some days she says she wants to go visit Texas, but usually she says she wants to stay here. She's never been out of the state except a few trips to North Carolina when she was much younger. She will know no one except for my aunt and uncle. If you know anything about Alzheimer's patients, you know that they need a lot of routine and familiarity. This is going to be really hard on her. We are afraid that my uncle will not allow her to come back home after the 4-6 weeks and insist that she stay down there with him. Also because she is going down to Texas, my uncle is selling her farm, where my mom and sister's horses live. My mom and sister have always dreamed of owning that farm one day, but it seems like my uncle is doing everything possible to never allow that dream to become reality.

Anyway...it's a big mess right now...my uncle is coming to Virginia next Saturday when my grandmother is released from the nursing home. He is staying for a week before taking her to Texas. My mom, stepdad, and uncle are all supposed to meet together to talk about this situation during the last week of February. Prediction: what is a big mess right now, is going to get WAY MESSIER. If you feel God leading you to pray for my mom and stepdad, please pray that they will keep putting their trust in God and receive His guidance for what to do next. For my grandmother - please pray that she will be where she needs to be, in the location that will offer her the best care, security, and love as the Alzheimer's take over more control day after day. For my uncle - please pray that he will find God, and somehow realize that family is more important that money. And for everything - that no matter what the outcome of this, God will get glory through all of our actions, even my uncle's - that when this is all over, we will look back and see God right in the middle of it and know that it was His plan all along.

Thanks.

And Happy Valentine's Day.

No hay comentarios.: