domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2007

Camping Under the Stars

Last night Ann and Alicia came to visit and we went camping with Peter! We camped at my mom's farm down at the big pond! Baxter the basset hound came down and hung out with us all night. We cooked hot dogs and made s'mores and my roasted strawberry and graham cracker combo. Except nobody else liked my roasted strawberries. :( That's okay. I still like them. I think those strawberries were seriously the sweetest, juiciest strawberries I've ever had!
Peter made an awesome bonfire for us and Ann had fun experimenting with the combustion temperature of marshmallows. It was the true camp experience as Alicia, Ann, and Peter delighted us by singing the theme songs from 70's and 80's tv shows.
This is one of Ann's marshmallows combusting. It's the one she was proudest of.
When we finally settled in to the tent to go to sleep, we found we had lots of company. My mom's dogs, Gracie and Baxter, decided to sleep with us, and the really awesome cat named Lover Boy came in too. Gracie guarded the tent all night, Baxter stunk up the tent all night, and Lover Boy climbed on the tent all night.

Peter brought his totally cool telescope and we went out to the middle of the field to look at the stars and the moon. We could see Jupiter and its moons. We could also see so close to the moon that we could see the craters and jaggedy edge of the moon! It was awesome! Peter's going to buy a camera adapter to go with the telescope so I can take pictures of the moon! We even saw moon shadows and Peter and I both looked at each other and said, "OH...MY...GOSH!" Hahahaha (that's just for you Kathryn)!







2 comentarios:

. dijo...

OH......MY.......GOSH. Thats....SO.....COOL..

Ha, I wish I was there :(

I miss yall.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

aw, man, i am so jealous.

i wish i had been there!

except for the stinky dog part. i could do without that.

everything else sounded just lovely! even the roasted strawberries!

what was the weather like? did anyone snore???