domingo, 2 de septiembre de 2007

Weekend of Soccer: 2nd Stop Richmond Cup 2007

The second stop in my Weekend of Soccer was yesterday morning in Richmond for the Richmond Cup 2007. One of the kids I know from school (and who went with me to see Beckham play in the DC United/LA Galaxy game), Wilson, is playing on the travel team called SOCA Metro. They were playing in the tournament in Richmond so I went to watch him. They had two games, one with their blue uniforms and one with their white ones. They won the first game 5-0, but lost their second game 3-1. Wilson had the assist for their solo goal in the second game!
The best part about going to the tournament was that I got to talk to Wilson's dad for a long time. He doesn't speak English, so I had to speak in Spanish in order for us to communicate. It's the first time I've ever had a conversation with someone in Spanish before! I got to talk to him for 4 HOURS! It was awesome because a lot of what he said I could actually understand! His dad was so nice and patient with me too, waiting for me to put sentences together that made some degree of sense with my limited Spanish vocabulary. It helped when I learned how to say "game", "off-sides", and "points" in Spanish! I think that Wilson and his dad are going to come to the UVA vs. Richmond game with me tonight!

No hay comentarios.: