sábado, 8 de septiembre de 2007

This is why I spend my Saturdays watching kids play sports...

Sometimes people ask me why I spend my weekends watching kids play sports and the usual answer I give is that there's nothing I'd rather do more (besides worship Jesus, of course!). It truly is the highlight of my week. Unsatisfyingly, that answer doesn't really explain WHY I like to do it.
Well today at one of the games, I realized why I love it so much. This team of kids in Challenge soccer was losing at one point 8-3. They are a young team and it's most of their first year playing Challenge. Notice the pictures...this is how they felt about losing! See them smiling, laughing, having the time of their life? They just love to play the game! This is why I spend my free time watching them...for just a brief time, the busyness of the world is frozen. Everything we thought so important moments ago is not important for the next hour. All you see is the spirit of children and their belief that a game is just a game.
This is why I go.

No hay comentarios.: