lunes, 4 de junio de 2007

great news!


I'm full of awesome news tonight! There are two kids in my class who want to play soccer on a team, but they've never played before because their families can't afford it and they can't provide the transportation to get the kids to practices and games. So I contacted SOCA, the local soccer organization, and asked them for financial assistance for not only the fall league, but also the popular summer camp in July. They responded tonight saying that although they typically don't provide assistance for summer, they decided to help the boys play for both summer AND fall! God is great!


And some of you know my friend named Ben, who is now 16. I've known him since he was 1 and he's always been like a little brother to me. Anyway he had gotten into some trouble with grades, school, choices, you get the idea...over the past two years. He told me just tonight that Thursday's his last day of school because he doesn't even have to show up on Friday. In further explanation, he said that he was exempt from all of his Friday exams because he got a "high-pass" on his SOLS and he's brought all of his grades up to C or higher! I'm so proud of him! He worked so hard!

All good things come from God!

1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Wow! That is so cool! Go God!