viernes, 8 de junio de 2007

Last Day of School

Well that's it. It's over. Another school year gone. Another group of awesome kids that I will hopefully see A LOT over the summer at the skatepark and Redfields' pool! That's the only thing that makes the end of the year less sad for me - because I know I'll see a lot of these guys all during the summer! This year was particularly hard, however, because it was the first group of kids that I've seen graduate 5th grade who were in my class in 2nd grade. The graduation ceremony of course made me cry. I don't know how I'll ever become a parent. I don't think I'll make it past "Look! He rolled over for the first time! He's growing up so fast!"


My kids got the coolest present ever for me for the end of the school year! I get to go on a hot air balloon ride! I've always wanted to go on one since I was a kid, but it just never happened. Then once when I taught summer school at Jackson-Via, a hot air balloon landed in the field at the school and the guy who operated it anchored it to the ground with a long rope and let ALL the kids go up in it. Like ALL of them. And me too. But he just took us straight up and straight down. You couldn't even see the top of the school cuz it was attached to that previously mentioned rope that was anchored to the ground. Even that little short trip was so cool and it made me want to go up really high in one and let the wind blow us all over town! I can't wait to go!

2 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

Wow! Coolest present ever!

I am here in VA! I will be busy all day today because my bro is getting married...BUT...do you want to hang out tomorrow evening (Monday)?

Let me know!
-Katie

Beth dijo...

yeah i got some sweet stuff to show ya! you're gonna love it!