martes, 19 de junio de 2007

Mouse King's Mansion and Goodbye to Hammy

Tonight I made a new mansion for Mouse King. I've expanded his home because he's such an active little fella and I feel bad for him. I mean he went from having 20 kids around him all day, petting him and lovin on him, to having NOBODY around him all day. He used to run for 2-3 hours per day in his hamster ball, but now he can't run hardly at all because I'm never home. So I added another cage which is now his workout room, a bunch of tunnels, an outhouse for all his excretion needs, and a lookout tower so he can get a bird's eye view of the strawberry cake sitting under it. He's been running in his new hamster wheel for the past hour. See him in the picture? He's running in the wheel. He's extremely happy right now. So happy I kinda wish I was a hamster for a second.

I have some sad news too for everyone who knew of the furry hamster, Hammy. Hammy died this weekend. I don't know why he died, because he wasn't too old. He did escape quite often (at least once per week, sometimes more than once a DAY). Each time he escaped he jumped off a table at least 3 feet high. Once we found him in a trash can. Once in a sink. I think maybe he suffered from an injury or some sort of trauma from all of his falls that made him die. Although I couldn't invite everyone to the funeral, I said a quick prayer for him and us, that we will be reunited in heaven, where hamsters can run free. That's what Hammy always wanted.

No hay comentarios.: