miércoles, 27 de junio de 2007

Spike that Bible Study

Last night I went to my bible study and we had a great time talking about Beatitude #3: Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth. We talked about what meek really means and how the impression most of us have about the word "meek" is incorrect. Meek doesn't mean weak, even though we usually associate them together. In fact we learned that meek is more about having a true view of who you are and who you're not. It's about being teachable, ready to learn, ready to hear God teaching. It's about being obedient to God's call to serve and help others. Tonight when I had Chaos at the dogpark, he was running next to me while I was skating. Sometimes he would jump in the river to swim and cool off or he'd go sniff another dog. As soon as I called him though, he immediately dropped what he was doing and came to my side. (Granted Chaos is an unusually obedient dog.) That is the way God wants us to be...like a delightful, loyal dog, ready to drop what we're doing at a moment's notice to follow God's lead. And we'd be wagging our tails, happy to do it. We have a lot to learn about obedience from a dog like Chaos.

After the bible study, John, Jonathan, Jamie, and I went outside to play volleyball. Jamie is insane at spiking the ball. It helps that the guy can jump like 5 feet straight up. John's attempts didn't go quite as well. The net tasted good though.


1 comentario:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

I like that sport!