jueves, 4 de enero de 2007

Everyone needs a smartboard!




Can I just say that smartboards are one of the coolest things ever invented? Like how awesome is it to be able to write on a giant computer screen with markers, erase it, print out what you wrote, change what you wrote to fonted text, write with your finger, click with your finger, etc. I used it with my class today to learn more about adjectives and it was so fun! The kids loved it!

I also found out really sad news today. One of the kids in my class told me he is moving in a month. He is such an awesome kid, the sweetest and most gentle child you'll ever meet. According to him, everyone is his best friend and every day is his favorite day. This is a kid who never forgets to say thank you, who has a smile for everyone, and makes everyone laugh. He's the kid that would respond to "Today we're going to learn about dirt" with "REALLY???? I LOVE DIRT!!! DIRT IS LIKE MY FAVORITE THING EVER!!!!" And he can speak and read fluent English and Spanish AND can translate between the two at ease. (A very helpful thing when you are in a school with 20% of the kids speaking Spanish.) He is a kid who talks about God often and can't understand why everyone doesn't fall head over heels in love with Jesus. He is a model of loving people even when you're tired, grumpy, impatient, or annoyed. I am hoping that he will come to school tomorrow and say that he just misunderstood his mom and they're not really moving at all. I guess if he must move, though, it's time for him to bless another group of kids and their teacher with his love and attitude. He's certainly already blessed me.

(This is the stuffed moose he gave me for Christmas. He's sitting in a little rocking chair.)

No hay comentarios.: