viernes, 19 de enero de 2007

God Takes Over Computer

So a cool thing happened this morning (6:30 AM) when I was praying... I had just been reading a few chapters in John on www.biblegateway.com, because I had left my bible downstairs and I was too lazy and sleepy to walk ALL THE WAY down there to get it. After I finished reading, I started praying, like usual, just asking God to please oh please help those second graders learn to focus, make life start to calm down again for my family, and oh yeah am I ever going to get married. When I finished, I looked up and went to turn my computer off so that I could go to work.

That's when I noticed that the screen was different.

Even though I of course didn't touch the computer while I was praying, the screen had changed. It was still on biblegateway.com, but it was showing a different passage from the one I had left it on when I went to pray. I looked at the verse that it showed me:

John 14:1. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

I stared at it, sort of in bewilderment for a moment (head cocked to the side like a puppy trying to understand goofy humans). When I got over my initial confusion at how the passage changed on its own, I realized that that's the first time I felt like Jesus was speaking to me THROUGH the bible. I've heard people say that, like "Yeah, God uses the bible to speak to us." But I had never really felt that before.

I heard him saying, "I know you've got a lot of questions right now and you don't understand and sometimes you wonder if I'm even listening... but trust me. Just trust me."

Praise God that even AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processors are under his control!

3 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

CooooooL!
--Niklas

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

hee hee - yeah!

cool.

-Katie

Hennyfair dijo...

I'll tell ya, that one brought some tears to my eyes. I just love those moments when you KNOW that He knows YOU and that He is SO close. I was so happy for to have had that moment with God.