miércoles, 17 de enero de 2007

Hold Fast

"But you are to hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have until now." Joshua 23:8

In the middle of this crazy time, I was driving home in my car (I forget which car...one of the three I've had in the past week). Anyway, I was feeling overwhelmed and as I was listening to the radio (90.1 in case you care), I sort of wished that a song would come on that I'd never heard before that would make sense out of these situations. Right as I pulled into the driveway, a song by MercyMe came on and it started, "To everyone who's hurting" (to which I thought, um...me), "to those who've had enough" (yeah...that's me), "to all the undeserving" (yep, got that one too), "that should cover all of us"...

Well then I was immediately sad because as soon as the song was over I couldn't remember the words or the melody and anyone who knows me knows that I'm not allowed to spend money on anything that's not food or gas, and that includes 99 cent songs on iTunes. So yesterday I noticed that on my box of Poptarts it said "ONE FREE SONG DOWNLOAD" and I started jumping up and down saying, "No way! No way! Yippee skippee!" So I ran back upstairs to get the song FOR FREE! It's an awesome song - here are the words that really spoke to me:

"To everyone who's hurting
to those who've had enough
to all the undeserving
that should cover all of us,
please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Hold fast, help is on the way!
Hold fast, He's come to save the day!"

3 comentarios:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon dijo...

PRAISE GOD FOR POPTARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and I do mean that sincerely!)

Jenny Hayes loves to hear such stories as these!!!

Marco dijo...

I will be posting every 3 days now beth

Hennyfair dijo...

First of all...I just heard that song for the first time recently and was SO encouraged by it.

Second of all...That's so cool that God gave you the song as a gift!!! Like I posted in the comment from the post above this one (that you actually posted after), I LOVE it in those moments when you know it's all about Him just knowing you. Ya know? Like He knew you'd like/need that song...He gave it to you on the radio...then I can just imagine Him like standing there with those Poptarts like "Look what I did for YOU, BETH! I was just thinking about YOU before the beginning of time and I knew YOU would love this and I just wanted to remind you that I love YOU!" Then I get all sappy and cry and all that junk and then post blogs/send emails about it. LOL :)

Third of all....your blog has encouraged me today on this Saturday as some things are swirling around in my little head contemplating the things of life and of God and of love and of the future and of the past and of the present...*sigh*. So many questions I have! Thanks for the reminder that He is indeed ever so close.