miércoles, 10 de enero de 2007

Rough Day



Today was sort of a rough day...

My grandmother, who has Alzheimer's, is in the hospital because her stove caught on fire and she got third-degree burns on her hands from trying to put it out. She is very confused about where she is. Tomorrow she will be transferred to a nursing home.

My sister who is in graduate school in Georgia was signed up for a class that she didn't need to take by another professor. This professor told her that the class was full, but he PAID the teacher of the class to let my sister in (like you can do that????). I'll repeat that this is not a class that she has to or wants to take. She did not ask him to register her for the class. So anyway she goes to the class and the teacher tells her, "This class is full and I'm letting you in, but you'll basically have to learn it on your own. I can't help you." How do you like that for a teacher who cares about her students?

The toilet in my bathroom is leaking apparently (as I found out tonight) and has seaped through the floor of the second floor, dripping onto the living room carpet below. There is significant water damage on the ceiling of the living room, which is going to cost at least $500 to fix.

I'm sick.

And I got a new student today. Fortunately she's really nice and she can read, write, and do basic math, so that's good. Only two more days until a four-day weekend. Two days...

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

I'm sorry you had a rough day the other day. And I am sorry about your grandma, and also about the stupid water leak. That stinketh.

But now it is Friday! Weekends are good! Weekends are our friends!

My oral exam went well and now I am completely free this weekend for the first time in a long long time since the next thing doesn't start until Monday and I don't have to prepare anything.

Woohoo!