sábado, 14 de abril de 2007

Come join the sick. We have ice cream.

Yes I am sick. Again. I marked it on the calendar this time because for the past four months, I have gotten sick every month almost to the DAY. I can't find anything online about what could be causing monthly colds (other than random people's blogs complaining of the same thing). I know I'm a teacher and I'm surrounded by germs from kids all day long, but there's no other logical reason why I should be getting sick this often.


Vitamins? Check.

Enough sleep? Check.

Eat fruits and vegetables? Check.

Exercise? Check.

Wash hands/use hand sanitizer religiously? Check.

Keep hands away from face? Check.


I even wash the kids' desks off with disinfectant regularly. Who knows.... But if I get sick again in May around the 13th, I'm going to talk to the doctor about it. I'm just sad because I'm going to Florida on Tuesday night to visit my grandparents and I didn't want to be sick for the trip. For now I'm going to eat some ice cream to cool off my throat and my lungs, which feel like they're burning from coughing so much. There's enough ice cream to share, so come on over if you want some...

2 comentarios:

Centrumkyrkan dijo...

We made homemade ice cream today! It was SO good - better than the cheaper store brands! All you need is cream, eggyolks, sugar and like berries or chocolate syrup. It was Yummy for my Tummy!

Sorry you keep getting sick! My recommendation is to hardly ever use hand sanitizer. It is more important to be exposed to germs than to not be exposed to them!

Hennyfair dijo...

Very interesting....

I was at my family's yesterday and we had a similar discussion on illness. It seems that everyone keeps getting "mysteriously" sick. Of course, we had some fun coming up with conspiracy theories, but the truth is that it is rather odd.

My question to you....Have you noted the weather patterns that correspond to you getting sick? I know mine always comes when we have a dramatic change. Like this past week I've not felt well because of the major cold front that moved through and the other times it was when this happened as well. I'm not saying it's the answer, but it's all the insight I have to offer. :)

I hope you feel better very soon though! Like before you leave for your trip. I'm praying for you!!!!