lunes, 16 de abril de 2007

Hurricane Baseball

What a great night for a baseball game! Squishy wet fields... hurricane force winds... winter coat temperatures... darkening sky. That's my kind of weather! Except of course when I'm sick. And when I haven't packed yet for Florida tomorrow. And when I haven't written 3 days of sub plans. But except for that... Man what a great game!

I went to see a couple of my middle school kids play at Pen Park field. One I've known since he was in kindergarten. The other I've just known this year. They are great ball players! There was a controversial call at the plate where one of their teammates was called out... but I, of course, had photographed the event and showed everyone that he was clearly safe. Unfortunately the umpires didn't care. In fact if you click on the picture to the left, you can zoom in on the tag and see that the umpire was clearly mistaken. From his vantage point, it possibly, POSSIBLY (I'm not seein it) could have looked like he was tagged...

Their team won - although I can't remember the score. It was hard to see the scoreboard what with it blowing over and all. My hat only blew off 17 times leaving me to chase it through the swampy grass. It didn't seem to affect the kids' playing except for the foul balls that were hit to center field. Seriously. There were like balls popped up to center field that were foul by the time they hit the ground. If you don't know what I'm talking about, try playing baseball during a hurricane. You'll see...

No hay comentarios.: